Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I've Got Bros in Different Area Codes

Please excuse my lack of updates. I just returned to school from winter break and have been having quite the time getting my shit together. However, I have a few moments now, and I've decided to change things up a bit in this post.

A few months ago, I found a map where someone had plotted out all of the area codes that Ludacris claims to have "hos" in, according to his famous song "Area Codes".

Today I got to thinking...what would my "Bros in Different Area Codes" map look like?

Like this, apparently.
Note: After I made the map, I realized that I left out coastal Mississippi. Pretend it's shaded.


Let's analyze.

It's obvious that I favor the southeast, with a "bro" in every state of the confederacy minus South Carolina, Alabama, and Arkansas. I've covered Virginia, North Carolina, Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi, Georgia, Louisiana, Florida, and Texas if you count it. I suppose that the northeast is my second most populous region, but the southeast is quite predominant. Like Luda, I have a "bro belt" that is nearly synonymous with the Bible Belt.

Area code wise, I have more than half of Maryland and Virginia accounted for. I have all of Mississippi and Idaho, but the latter is kind of a cheat considering Idaho is such a lame state that it only has one area code. I'm pretty sure that Idaho has more potato farms than it does people. Just pointing it out.

My bros are split fairly evenly by the Mississippi River.

I could take a road trip from Virginia Beach to upstate New York and have a bro at every stop along the way, with a small dry spell in northeastern Pennsylvania stretching to southeastern New York. But seriously, Pennsylvania sucks, and most Pennsylvania bros probably aren't worth stopping for anyway. (I've spent a lot of time in Pennsylvania, so don't yell at me. It's just my second least favorite state in the country.)

I am partial to bros who live on the coast or otherwise near a major body of water, having six or more whose area codes encompass such locations.

I prefer bros who are a short drive away from civilization - the vast majority of the areas are home to major American cities like Dallas/Fort Worth, Charlotte, Atlanta, Virginia Beach/Hampton Roads, Washington DC, and Baltimore. Out of the 100 most populous American cities, the area codes on my map include approximately 20 percent of them.

My next order of business: sometimes you have to drop multiple c-notes to stay in the hip-hop game.

Always traveling,
R

No comments:

Post a Comment